Friday, April 6, 2012

NEW VIDEO REVIEW: Upon A Burning Body - Once Upon A Time In Mexico





YES, FINALLY SOME NEW MATERIAL! Thank you Upon A Burning Body! You seriously don't know how much I've been anticipating a new album. Yes, I know that this video came out 4 days ago and most of you have probably seen this, but I have a few things to say.


First Impression: Once Upon A Time In Mexico is a continuation of the bands "Mexican Mafia" style and it holds the theme for this music video and their whole new album (In stores in 4 days!). The video is a simple concept, boss texts (lulz) his hencemen that some moolah is wired. THis triggers the janitor with an iPhone (lulz) and the rest of the mafia members to meet up and load up. Mexican Mafia, fuck yes. One thing I love about this Mafia-esk style is that at all of their shows, they dress up like they do in this video. So fucking fly. Now, a little on the song.


This new song has everything I came to love UABB for; amazing growls, fun and active breakdowns, and a ton of energy. There is one thing I was surprised to hear though, a chorus backed by some clean vocals. Now, whenever any band nowadays adds clean vocals, people naturally freak out and unfortunately internet trolls are released from their cages. But I have to say, they are great! Maybe it's just because I love clean vocals mixed with growls? Anyways, bottom line, it works. This has in no way dropped my anticipation meter for this upcoming album. I do wonder if this was just a little clean vocals cameo type deal or will there be more in the album? We'll just have to wait and see.


BOUNCE!


Be sure to pick up Upon A Burning Body's new CD, 
RED.WHITE.GREEN. 
on 4/10. (fuck yea colors)




No comments:

Post a Comment