Wednesday, January 25, 2012

TUNE REVIEW: Float Face Down - 'Exitium Verum'



Before I say anything about the song, look at the bands name. Does this name give you chills of awesomeness or what. Still easily one of my favorites to date.


Anyways, on to the song. It's been awhile since I heard one of their tracks and to be honest I don't even remember what the song(s) were called! But when I flicked on this tune, I was ashamed I haven't listened to these guys more often. 


This track is, how shall I put this, rad as hell. The beginning starts off with that fast riff then proceeds into a slow breakdown that immediately got my head nodding. Once the vocals came into play, they instantly reminded me of the lead singer of "The Bridal Procession" in their old EP 'Welcome to the Procession.' If you have no idea what I'm talking about, HERE is the link.


At 2:24 what more is there to say, it's thee breakdown of the song. That part where you can crowd kill your friends or windmill out the window of you car (haha). Then what happens after that moment? An awesome conclusion to the song that almost makes me imagine a ending to an epic movie. Dat guitar, yummy. 


Overall this song is flippin cool. Keep on the look out for Float Face Down's new album "Exitium Verum" due out sometime Spring 2012. 


Just look at these dudes, heavy.




No comments:

Post a Comment